This has been in the works for a long time. Over the past two years I didn't really know how to continue. On the one side, I was working a job that was for me the emotional equivalent of being pressed through a meat grinder. Any extra time that I had I wanted to devote to my wife and any other distractions that could be used in order to let me forget the shit going on at work. In addition to that, I was no longer living in Germany and a blog based solely on that fact didn't seem to make sense anymore. Because of all of this I have decided it was time for a change. I have redesigned the site and to explore all new topics
Going Kraut is now a bit more visual than it was before with pictures and galleries displayed prominently on the site. I have a lot of pictures from my travels in the US, Europe and the rest of the world that I would love to share with you.
One little touch that I think is very cool is that there is now a mobile version of the site. So, if you are on the go you can still check it out.
- Travel - There are a lot of travel blogs out there. I am going to do what I can in order to cover something new or at least fun on this topic.
- Photography - This has always been one of my passions. I want to make it a central topic and place to post some of my favorite photos. They are far from great but what the hell it's fun to put them out there anyway. Take and gander at the gallery and let me know what you like (First galleries: Cologne, Monschau, Bali, Barcelona, Ireland, Edinburgh, Israel and more to come)
- Sports/Fitness - This is something where you can help me. When it comes to exercise I have always spent far too much time learning than doing. I am not in horrible shape - insert old joke that round is a shape as well - but I am just holding everything in steady state and I want to change. I need a platform to hold myself accountable and this blog will be it. I am going to set goals and regularly update you on my progress or lack thereof. It's a bit nerve racking putting everything out there but I think that is the only way in which I will move forward and perhaps achieve something I am proud of.
- Film/TV - I have always loved film and TV is just getting better and better. One quick tip, if you haven't started watch Breaking Bad, just do it. It really is as good as everyone is saying.
- Video Games - I have never really grown out of video games and nor do I really want to. They are just my way of shutting off and relaxing even if my wife says I don't look too relaxed at times. If the uber cool Kevin Spacey can play them in House of Cards then so can I. I need an outlet to share my nerd with the world.
- Other Odds and Ends - Let's see what I can come up with. I have been thinking about tech, expat life, things I have learned while living abroad, tips and tricks for living in The Netherlands and Germany. Everything is possible.
I am sure I will make many mistakes on the way but I feel that it is better than sitting and doing nothing. Let me know what you think. Enjoy Going Kraut!